It’s been a pretty laid back week at work which is such a change from the week before – that was madness. It feels weird to not be insanely busy, like I’m missing something huge. I should be enjoying it, however, since slight madness will be starting up again next week. It feels weird to be totally caught up with work. I’m not doing awesomely though… two of my trainings that I coordinated next week got canceled due to low enrollment. So basically I didn’t do a good job of marketing this training to generate interest. I’m pretty disappointed, I thought I could boost attendance. My colleagues might not be looking down on me like I am myself for this failure since my boss said that she felt that we did all we could to promote it and that it was just bad timing/too expensive for people right now.
I got great positive feedback, however, last week after I successfully coordinated the 5 trainings (all within one week). Last Friday, when I left work, shortly after I got in my car, Janine (the president) came running up to my car. I unlocked the door and she frantically opened it and quickly told me how great I was doing and that everyone has been saying that I've been contributing amazingly. She also threw is a plea for me to come back next week - haha as in she was afraid that the craziness of that week would scare me away.
I got great positive feedback, however, last week after I successfully coordinated the 5 trainings (all within one week). Last Friday, when I left work, shortly after I got in my car, Janine (the president) came running up to my car. I unlocked the door and she frantically opened it and quickly told me how great I was doing and that everyone has been saying that I've been contributing amazingly. She also threw is a plea for me to come back next week - haha as in she was afraid that the craziness of that week would scare me away.
Michael helped me organize my room and finish unpacking so my room is pretty much settled! The house is definitely feeling like home. It’s my housemate’s birthday today (Happy Birthday Holly!!!) and we’ll be doing some low key celebrating tonight – mainly just the three of us. We had a big bash for her and our house last weekend. We had about 30 people show up and it was such a great time. The booze didn’t run out, nobody made a terrible mess and everyone got along. Even an older guy, the Development Director of St. Francis, showed up and enjoyed himself. Random, but it was fun to have him.
A bunch of us started a film club. We had our first gathering this past Tuesday and watched an old Swedish movie and discussed it afterwards. I think I’ll be enjoying this activity. It feels very adult. We’ll be meeting every two weeks or so.
Tomorrow I want to go on a long bike ride on one of the trails that starts in Denver and takes you out into the parks/suburbs. I bought some biking/exercise gear today to prepare, especially since it’s getting colder here. I didn’t have any good warm exercise clothes.
Looking forward to getting home from work where a new issue of People will be waiting for me! Argh, Friday afternoons sure do drag.

No comments:
Post a Comment