I had an excellent weekend!
Not such a good end of the work week, but once the end of my work day Friday hit, the fun began. Michael and I went to a hockey game - Avalanche versus the Hurricanes (Colorado vs. Carolina) so that was significant. Michael wore his Canes jersey and we were somewhat heckled, but in good fun. The game was awesome - very high scoring with lots of action. Then, afterwards, we went to our neighborhood 99 cent taco place and grabbed some cheap but super high quality Mexican meat.
The next day was really nice, so he and I walked to our neighborhood food market so that I could pick up some groceries for the house. Then we went on a bike ride for about an hour after which I got ready for our big date night to celebrate Michael's birthday (a week early). I took him out to dinner downtown where we had window front-row seats to the Denver zombie-crawl (thousands of Denver folks dress up and act like zombies and invade downtown). The restaurant (Marlow's) was right next door to our next destination: the Paramount Theater to see Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers! Steve Martin was playing bluegrass with this group. This was Michael's birthday present and it was awesome. The music was perfect quality and left me wanting more. In between songs, Steve would speak and, of course, was hilarious. The theater was very classy too. The only downer was a guy who was high off something thinking he was at a rave and dancing like it in my peripheral vision for most of the concert. I moved my hair over half of my face to block out his distraction.
So that was Saturday - around 60 degrees - and the next day it snowed - and the day after it was back up in the 50s. This has pretty much been the weather pattern for the past month.
So yeah, with the work issue it's more of me being hard on myself and being paranoid about being laid off. One little thing goes wrong and I'm so quick to blame myself totally for it and assume that people are talking bad about me and are planning on firing me. It's mostly in my head, though the mistakes that I'm making aren't really little mistakes and are definitely not something that I could keep messing up. It just seems that JVA is very forgiving, thankfully! I'm just so ready to be have a solid handle on this job and to quit making so many mistakes.
I've also found (and it's been pointed out) that I've been very spacey and distracted lately. I'm very much in my head these days and always drift off into my thoughts, even in mid conversation. Help me get out of my head!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment