Saturday, June 26, 2010

Feeling solid and great!

Well hello there!

So obviously I haven't been into blogging lately.  For sure I'm still an avid blog reader, checking 2-3 times a day for updates, but when it comes to writing my own, I just can't get back into the flow like I had with my first journal.

Maybe starting a new one would excite me about blogging again?  I'm thinking about it but for now here's this:

I am in a really good place in life right now.  It was my birthday yesterday and I realized that 24 is going to be a great year for me.  I'm at a good job, I'm moving into a new apartment and I'm getting married.

I still really love my job and the people at it.  I'm starting to feel really comfortable there and like I can act like myself.  I have fun at work and I feel valued.  The actual job duties aren't that exciting, but I still feel like they are an important contribution to the organization.

Michael and I are moving in together!  This I feel 100% good about.  This decision makes me feel like I'm moving on the life path I want to be on.  I can't believe that my love for him continues to grow stronger every day.  You'd think by now I'd reach a plateau of love that can't get any stronger.  I'm so happy about us living in the same space - at this point, even when I'm irritated at him, I'd rather he be around than not.  Our living styles are very compatible so I think when living with him I'll be at my most comfortable in terms of living environment.  Plus, by working where I am, I was able to get us a deal at where we're going to be living.  It's called Solera and it's a brand new apartment building in the heart of downtown.  It's a totally sustainable apartment building, which is why I get a deal by being an employee of the Alliance for Sustainable Colorado.  Our organizations are in partnership with each other.  The deal is 568.00 off of rent per month, which makes this downtown loft more affordable than the house I'm living in now and splitting 3 ways.  This deal is only for a year, so we will be moving after the deal ends since without it it's totally not in our price range, but I'm so excited to get to experience downtown living for a little bit.  It's also walking distance to both of our jobs.  The features of the apartment building are SO awesome.  For instance, each unit gets its own energy monitor so you can see how much energy you're using at any moment, and how much it's costing you.  All lights are sensor activated so you can't mistakingly leave on any lights.  Toilets are dual-flush.  Low-e, argon-filled windows that prevent the transference of heat, low VOCs in the paint, carpets etc...  Anyways check it out for yourself at www.soleraliving.com!

And I'm still just enjoying all Denver has to offer :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that sounds so awesome! I can't wait to come see it. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're so happy with life right now! :) Your new apartment sounds amazing too!

    ReplyDelete