I don't know. I took the weekend off from thinking about finding a job and now I'm back, have been thinking about options all day, and feel totally frustrated.
I'm concerned I might be moving back home sooner than I had planned. But, if I run out of money, what choice do I have?
Today was the first day of not having a paycheck put into my account as well as a day of paying 3 different bills at once. It was rough.
So, I'm considering using this time to advance my skills and really set myself on a path towards what my passion is. I'm kinda on that path, but if I don't solidify my graphic design skills, I'll be headed towards marketing sales and yuck, sounds like hell. I was let go from my last job because my sales skills are nonexistent (and, frankly, I don't want to have any), but that is a huge part of a marketing career if you aren't solid in graphic design. Being creative is what I love and I have a good background in graphic design but I don't feel like my portfolio is quite competitive enough. I went to tour the Arts Institute of Colorado today, and walked away pretty excited. I would apply for their continuing education program, which is one class from a certification program I choose and goes on for 11 weeks, 2 nights per week. I liked this idea, and then some rotten reviews about the school were pointed out to me and I feel totally frustrated. I might not let that stop me, I mean those reviews were written from full time undergrad students, not students looking to just take one course to brush up on skills. But still, for the past few weeks of unemployment, I have encountered scam after scam and I'm so tired of it. I don't think this school is a total scam, but it breaks my heart to see that, once again, I got excited about something that was maybe too good to be true.
Well, again, I might just go for it. It's just one class and my Americorps grant award covers the cost and then some, so I won't be losing and since I have the time... There's another design school that doesn't have bad reviews but the continuing education courses are more specific (cheaper though) and take place later on in the year.
Then, I start to think, do I need this further education? Are my basic skills enough? I don't think they are, but maybe I'd be surprised.
I've got another job fair to go to on Wednesday and this will probably be my last one for some time. I need to take a break from those. Besides, so far not much has come of them except for me winning free tuition at the ABC bartending school. Lol, should I pursue this? It's only one week long...
My sister-in-law is sending an email out to her clients about how I can dog and babysit. Maybe something will come of that? Still, I hate to think that the next year will be based off of odd jobs, but it would at least be something. I want to look at temp agencies, but, again, I've almost been scammed so many times by organizations that I'm skeptical.
I'm really not sure what direction to push my life in. Any decision I make at this point might affect me for life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment