I had been struggling at work during most of January. Mainly with feeling overwhelmed at the amount of stuff to think about during the beginning of the year and all the things I had to get done in addition to my main job duties. This left me feeling discouraged, uninspired and hopeless. But now that we're getting into February and the beginning of the year tasks are coming to completion and after our all day quarterly staff meeting on Monday, I'm feeling like my morale is much higher than it was. I feel re-energized and inspired to do my job. Thank God!
I also feel a bit re-energized about living in Colorado. I've been really unsure of my decision to stay a little bit longer and have been considering moving back East after my lease is up in August. It would make things easier, just logistically. But I know that there's so many more things I want to do while I'm out here. I'm anxious to get back East, but I know that I will be returning and will be settled there at some point in the next few years, so why rush it? I think I need to keep challenging myself by staying out here. It has led to feeling more independent and confident in myself. And really I love Colorado. My only complaint is that my family (other than my brother) is not out here, and I often feel homesick. But the vast and wild terrain of Colorado represents this wild and uncertain time in my 20s. While I would love to go back East to the safe zone and be secure, I know that I could use a little more time in this rocky territory, even though it's more challenging to live in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment