Friday, September 4, 2009

A New Start

Hello and welcome to year 2 of my Colorado life!

I finished my Americorps year of service with The Gathering Place and have moved on to a new job (my first salary job!) and a new house with some great gals.  
I'm now working as the Training and Networking Coordinator at JVA Consulting in Denver.  It's an organization that is right up my alley as my calling seems to be doing PR and marketing for non-profit agencies.  JVA conducts this sort of consulting for strictly non-profits and socially responsible businesses!  I was lucky to have discovered this job opportunity.  My responsibilities are still being defined, but currently include coordinating all the trainings and workshops that JVA provides for its clients and for the general public as well as keeping the social media presence (on Facebook and Twitter) up-to-date.  


On that note... if you want to support the organization and learn about non-profit workshop opportunities, become a fan here: www.facebook.com/jvaconsulting
Okay, there's my plug!


So, overall, I love our new house.  There are some quirks and kinks to work out but that's the case in all homes, eh?  It's hard to communicate with our landlord since she is living in Maine and the last tenants didn't leave it in awesome shape, but it's darling and lovable all the same!


I've officially been at my new job and moved into the new house for over a week now.  There is still a lot to get grounded in and I'm anxious to become confident in my job but that will come in time, I know. This first week has also been hard because my supervisor has been on vacation and most of the higher-ups have been incredibly busy.  So this week has mainly been me learning some aspects of the job on my own and just getting comfortable in the organization's policies.  


Looking to do something outdoorsy this weekend with Michael, but we haven't made any concrete plans.  


That's it for now!  Welcome to my new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment