Sunday, August 29, 2010

We're now moved in. Together

After a few hectic days, we're all moved in!  Hardly unpacked mind you, but everything is in the unit.  With the exception of substantial food.   I've got some grapes, strawberries, yogurt and chips in the kitchen at this point, but that's generally it.  Grocery trip is for sure going to happen this afternoon and probably another trip to Target.

I had a lot of fun on our big trip to Target two days ago!  It felt really cool to be shopping together for US, not for us as individuals.  We filled a cart and a half and proudly put these items in their place in our apartment.

We're still in the process of figuring out how to obtain furniture.  We've bought a couple of items but there's some great stuff back East and we want to figure out how to get them out for a decent price and an uncomplicated system.  This difficult process is a huge slap in the face reminder of how difficult I'm making this time of my life for myself by living out here, but at least I'm still having fun.

And I am so happy to be moved in with Michael - this feels SO right.  I can't wait to turn it into a homey place that reflects us.  We'll be working on that more tonight - hope to get unpacked ASAP!

The apartment building really is sweet.  It's brand new and we are one of the first tenants to move in, so it's very quiet and peaceful at this time.  There's an amazing rooftop terrace with a fantastic view of the city, the baseball stadium and the entire Rocky Mountain front range.  We had coffee up there yesterday morning.  Now I'm in our "Mac lab" that's located on the main floor of the apartment and next I'm going to go check out the fitness center on the 3rd floor.  I feel like our unit is the perfect size for us and the wall color we chose (a brownish red) makes it feel very homey.

Can't wait to get totally settled!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, it sounds amazing! I'm so happy for you two. pictures please? :)

    ReplyDelete