I'm almost done with this intense training session at work that I've been coordinating called Executive Director Academy. It happens every Tuesday and Thursday from 3-6 for 7 weeks. Next week will be the last week of EDA. I'm definitely feeling the affects of working 10 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays and it seems the students of EDA are losing interest as every session there are less and less of them. This really frustrates me because they are adults and are paying a lot of money for these valuable training sessions. Oh well, I don't think it's anything that I'm doing wrong - I just feel bad for the trainers. The biggest nightmare has been working on the DVDs for EDA. I'm SO behind and won't have them all finished by the end of EDA like I promised. Technology... bah. There have been more complications on this video project than I ever experienced in college. I miss having professors around to help me out! So this huge project is wearing me out. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving vacation when I can rest up before the next huge project.
One of my friends started something in her blog that I realize I should be doing in mine: highlighting some of my favorite spots in the city in which I currently reside. So, starting with my favorite pub in Denver:
The Irish Snug
This spot was only a few blocks away my old house and is located right downtown on the notorious street of Colfax. Their happy hour is awesome: 2 for 1 drinks from 4:00-7:00 and then again from 10:00-closing. It's Irish food but also a lot of American. The atmosphere is really fun. It's two floors and has three bars. There are booths for more private dining and also an entire lounge area with comfy couches to sit in as well. Whenever I get to choose the happy hour location, it tends to be this one! This spot also hosts live music and trivia nights. I spent most of my Gathering Place happy hour days here and remember a fantastic New Years Eve at this place as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment